2020欧洲杯预选赛排名 Students and parents will use 2017 income and tax information to complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA for classes beginning in the fall of 2019. We strongly encourage use of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) when completing the FAFSA. Enhanced security measures put in place will limit the information displayed when transferring data from the IRS to the FAFSA.
2020欧洲杯预选赛排名Be aware of state grant deadlines when filling out the FAFSA. Eligibility for some state grants is determined by the date of FAFSA filing, so file early.
New for 2019-2020
Complete your 2019-2020 FAFSA online at fafsa.gov or in the new mobile app – myStudentAid – available in the Apple App Store or Google Play
RSU School Code: 003168
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is used to apply for federal financial aid including grants, work-study, and loans and is used by most schools and scholarship providers to award non-federal aid. The application is free – you should never pay to apply for federal financial aid.
RSU uses your FAFSA information to award all state, federal, athletic and institutional aid. You must complete a FAFSA each year to receive financial aid, unless you are considered federally ineligible (i.e. not a U.S. citizen).
The FAFSA for the 2018-2019 award year will be in effect from July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019. You will use your 2016 income tax information to complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA. Be aware of all deadlines.
Step 1: Apply for Aid
- Be sure you meet for OTAG (Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant).
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to electronically transfer your IRS tax return amounts needed to complete or correct your FAFSA. .
- You can list up to ten schools to receive your FAFSA. The school code for RSU is 003168.
- Students, parents, and borrowers are required to use an to confirm their identity when accessing their financial aid information and electronically signing federal student aid documents.
2020欧洲杯预选赛排名Need help completing the FAFSA? Contact us or try one of these self help options:
- or call 800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)
Step 2: Follow Up
- Your application will be processed by the Department of Education and you will receive an email message with a link to your Student Aid Report (SAR) within 3-5 days. The SAR summarizes all the information you provided when filling out the FAFSA; it must be confirmed before you can receive federal aid.
- If you did not provide an email address, you will receive your SAR by mail within 7-10 days.
- The results are sent electronically to the schools you listed on your application.
- If you do not hear from FAFSA within three weeks go to and select “Check the Status of a Submitted FAFSA.”
- Once you get your SAR, review it for accuracy. A complete SAR will contain your , the index number used to calculate your federal student aid eligibility and your , a four digit number assigned to your application by the U.S. Department of Education.
- If you discover you made a mistake entering information into your FAFSA you should log back in using your FSA ID and make the necessary corrections.
Step 3: Submit Additional Information to the RSU Office of Financial Aid
2020欧洲杯预选赛排名Once the RSU Office of Financial Aid has received your SAR, we will send you a letter requesting any additional information that may be required to complete your financial aid file. You can also check for required documents on . Typical items requested include an IRS Tax Return Transcript, W-2s and a Verification Worksheet.
- Order a copy of your tax return transcript online at ; click on “Get Tax Record.”
- Select Get Transcript Online or Get Transcript by Mail.
- Order a Tax Return Transcript by phone using the IRS Automated Service at 800-908-9946.
- Verification Forms
Step 4: Financial Aid Awards
After you have provided all the necessary information to the RSU Office of Financial Aid your financial aid counselor will review the file and determine your eligibility for financial aid.
- Your financial aid award will be based on the number of credit hours in which you are enrolled and your eligibility, as determined by the U.S. Department of Education, based on the information you provided on your FAFSA.
- Once we have received all the necessary information and determined your award eligibility you will be notified by mail or email. Some scholarships and grants may not appear on your initial award letter but may be added later, based on when we receive the notification of eligibility.
- You will need to log into the financial aid portal from your account to view, accept and/or decline your aid.
What If My Situation Has Changed?
The Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended, allows financial aid administrators to consider special, unusual circumstances or changes in a family or student’s situation to adjust a student’s aid eligibility when necessary. Aid administrators have the ability to adjust eligibility for all institutional, federal and state aid on a case by case basis.
2020欧洲杯预选赛排名Reasons to adjust your eligibility can include a significant change in income due to a job loss, divorce, death, homelessness and unusually high medical expenses. If you believe you have a situation that requires our review please contact our office.
For more information on this process and help preparing your request check out this site:
Need Help Applying?
2020欧洲杯预选赛排名Get assistance in completing the FAFSA or ask any questions.
Federal Student Aid Information Center
800-4-FED-AID (800-433-3243) or 800-730-8913 (TTY) for the hearing impaired
8:00 am – 11:00 pm
RSU Office of Financial Aid
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm