B.S. in Nursing (RN2BSN)
Department Mission:2020欧洲杯预选赛排名 The Department of Health Sciences is one of eleven academic departments at Rogers State University. The Health Sciences Department supports the mission of Rogers State University. The Department’s mission is to prepare students to achieve personal and professional goals and to educate safe and competent beginning practitioners of selected health fields. The department also prepares students majoring in other fields with health courses to support their degrees. The faculty is committed to excellence in teaching and student service. Learning is best accomplished by providing students with accurate and reliable information, opportunities for individualized learning experiences, and guidance and direction to support resources. The teacher-learner relationship is enhanced when accountabilities and expected outcomes are clear. Students are supported and guided by the faculty to become active participants in learning in order to achieve professional and personal goals. The Health Sciences faculty believes that scientific reasoning and critical thinking are reflected as clinical judgment.
Degree Program Mission: The Rogers State University Associate Nursing Program exists to provide selected students with educational opportunities, in the classroom and clinical settings, to prepare for entry into the profession of nursing.* Graduates of the Rogers State University Associate Degree Nursing Program are eligible to take National Council Licensure Examination to become a Registered Nurse. The associate graduate is prepared at an entry level of nursing practice and will require on-going education, both formal and informal to advance in the expertise of nursing practice.
The Rogers State University Bachelor of Science Program exits to build on Associate degree nursing graduates’ (ADN) and Diploma graduates’ educational preparation. The degree provides an opportunity for ADN and Diploma registered nurses to achieve academic and personal goals and to develop stronger clinical reasoning and analytical skills to advance their careers. Graduates of the Bachelor of Science degree in nursing are prepared for graduate programs in nursing.
The nursing faculty supports the mission of Rogers State University. The faculty believes nursing education is best suited to institutions of higher learning and that evidence based practice and the use of critical thinking provide the foundation for appropriate clinical decision making. Concepts inherent in the practice of nursing are person, health, environment, nursing, nursing process, communication, learning, and nursing education at the associate and bachelor degree levels.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Apply concepts from the liberal arts, social sciences, and nursing science to build an understanding of the human experience in preparation of providing culturally appropriate nursing practice. Develop a systematic approach to collect, organize and analyze objective and subjective assessment data.
- Practice accountable leadership and communication skills to promote patient safety and quality improvement initiatives in the provision of safe, high quality nursing care.
- Incorporate research-based information to guide clinical decision-making in the provision of evidence-informed care delivery.
- Demonstrate skilled inter- and intra-professional communication and collaboration using all modalities including health care technologies, to enhance patient-centered care and health outcomes.
- Evaluate the implications of health care policy using an ethical framework on issues of access, equity, affordability, and justice in health care delivery.
- Advocate for social justice and implement principles to provide spiritually and culturally appropriate health promotion, disease and injury prevention interventions across the lifespan in diverse populations.
- Appraise the core values of professionalism through demonstration of caring and upholding ethical standards in the continuum of healthcare environments.