The Associate in Applied Science in Nursing 2020欧洲杯预选赛排名degree leads to registered nurse licensure. This rigorous five-semester program introduces the student to the Nursing profession through classroom, laboratory and clinical learning experiences. Some students may choose to complete the associate degree followed by the RN to BS/N degree within four academic years. This academic pathway is designed for the full-time student only. Graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination to become a Registered Nurse.
Student Learning Outcomes
A.A.S. in Nursing
Department Mission: The Department of Health Sciences is one of eleven academic departments at Rogers State University. The Health Sciences Department supports the mission of Rogers State University. The Department’s mission is to prepare students to achieve personal and professional goals and to educate safe and competent beginning practitioners of selected health fields. The department also prepares students majoring in other fields with health courses to support their degrees. The faculty is committed to excellence in teaching and student service. Learning is best accomplished by providing students with accurate and reliable information, opportunities for individualized learning experiences, and guidance and direction to support resources. The teacher-learner relationship is enhanced when accountabilities and expected outcomes are clear. Students are supported and guided by the faculty to become active participants in learning in order to achieve professional and personal goals. The Health Sciences faculty believes that scientific reasoning and critical thinking are reflected as clinical judgment.
Degree Program Mission: The Rogers State University Associate Nursing Program exists to provide selected students with educational opportunities, in the classroom and clinical settings, to prepare for entry into the profession of nursing. Graduates of the Rogers State University Associate Degree Nursing Program are eligible to take National Council Licensure Examination to become a Registered Nurse. The associate graduate is prepared at an entry level of nursing practice and will require on-going education, both formal and informal to advance in the expertise of nursing practice. The Rogers State University Bachelor of Science Program exits to build on Associate degree nursing graduates’ (ADN) and Diploma graduates’ educational preparation. The degree provides an opportunity for ADN and Diploma registered nurses to achieve academic and personal goals and to develop stronger clinical reasoning and analytical skills to advance their careers. Graduates of the Bachelor of Science degree in nursing are prepared for graduate programs in nursing.
The nursing faculty supports the mission of Rogers State University. The faculty believes nursing education is best suited to institutions of higher learning and that evidence based practice and the use of critical thinking provide the foundation for appropriate clinical decision making. Concepts inherent in the practice of nursing are person, health, environment, nursing, nursing process, communication, learning, and nursing education at the associate and bachelor degree levels.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- The student will incorporate ethical, moral and legal standards of professional nursing practice into personal nursing practice. The student will incorporate professional behaviors during the provision of nursing care; such as HIPPA, patient confidentiality, professional boundaries, and patient care management and patient rights.
- The student will apply professional communication methods during the provision of nursing care.
- The students will synthesize assessment data as the foundation for the nursing process.
- The students will integrate evidence based practice and standards of care to formulate accurate and safe clinical judgments that move patients towards positive outcomes.
- The students will organize nursing interventions to provide and environment conducive to patient centered care.
- The students will manage teaching/learning processes to promote wellness through collaboration with the client, significant support person(s), and members of the healthcare team.
- The students will demonstrate the efficient and effective use of human, physical, financial, technological, interdisciplinary, and environmental resources during coordination of patient care.