Our facilities will help students gain valuable skills such as effective oral and written communication, analytical, quantitative and problem-solving.
2020欧洲杯预选赛排名Multimedia classrooms are equipped with computer and projection systems that allow faculty and students to use the latest computer presentation technology. Additionally, we have DVD programs and a seminar room to facilitate smaller classes and student meetings.
The Behavioral Sciences Laboratory, located in Baird Hall Room 202, is an interdisciplinary lab that provides research opportunities to both professors and students with an emphasis on measurable and observable aspects of human behavior.
The lab supplies professors the space to continue their academic and scholastic endeavors as well as helps students gain a better understanding of research methodology via hands-on experience. Students and professors are able to collaborate on research or work independently on individual projects across academic domains.
The laboratory is comprised of two experimentation rooms and a viewing room.
- First Experimentation Room: Outfitted with the iWorx TA Teaching Assistant (Model IX-TA-220) and LabScribe 2 data recording software. Together, these tools allow researchers to collect and analyze heart rate, skin conductance, respiration rate, and other quantifiable data.
- Second Experimentation Room: Contains an Automated Vitals Monitor that collects heart rate, blood pressure, and temperature.
- Viewing Room: Located between the two rooms is an observation room outfitted with one-way mirrors that allows researchers to observe participants in the two experimental rooms.
- Automated Vitals Monitor: The Automated Vitals Monitor, commonly seen in hospitals and clinics, is capable of assessing participants’ blood pressure, heart rate, pulse, and temperature.
- iWorx IX-TA-220: The lab is equipped with the iWorx Teaching Assistant (TA). The TA is outfitted to monitor and record physiological response enduced during experimental designs. All data is recorded and analyzed in LabScribe2, the computer program linked with the iWorx TA. See list below for capabilities.
- Pre-Loaded IWorx Labs: (All documents below are in PDF format.)
- Auditory Visual Reflexes
- Blood Pressure Peripheral Circulation and Body Position
- Blood Pressure Peripheral Circulation and Imposed Conditions
- Body Position Exercise and Cardiac Output
- Breathing Parameters at Rest and After Exercise
- Breathing Gravity
- Breathing Techniques-Heart Rate
- Cynicism Hostility and the Hot Reactor
- ECG and Heart Sounds Using an Electronic Stethoscope
- Electrocardiograms from the Six Chest Leads
- Electroculogram Activity (EOG)
- Electromyogram (EMG) Activity while Arm Wrestling
- Electromyogram (EMG) Activity Antagonistic Muscles
- Exercise Electrocardiogram Peripheral Circulation
- Facial Electromyograms (EMG) Emotion
- Factors Affect Breathing Patterns
- Grip Strength Electromyogram (EMG) Activity
- Hand vs Foot Reactions
- Heart Rate Blood Pressure Vagal Tone
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV)
- Heart Sounds Auscultation
- Human Nerve Conduction
- Interference Stimuli Associative Tasks Stroop Effect
- Lung Volumes Heart Rate
- Pulse Contour Analysis
- Pulse Heart Rate Variability (HRV)
- Pulse Wave Velocity
- Restrictive Obstructive Airway Diseases
- Skin Temperature Stress Calming Embarrassment
- Stimulus Response Work Summation Tetanus Human Muscle
- Stretch Receptors Reflexes Patellar Stretch Reflex
- The Diving Reflex
- The Electrocardiogram Heart Sounds
- The Electrocardiogram Peripheral Circulation
- The Electroencephalogram (EEG) Cortical Arousal
- The Galvanic Skin Response (GSR) Emotion
- The Galvanic Skin Response (GSR) Investigation Cheating
- The Galvanic Skin Response Deception Cognitive Complexity Vigilance
- The Six Lead Electrocardiogram
- Visual Evoked Potentials (VEP)
- Visual Reflexes Color Stimulation