If at all possible, students who need writing help should visit the Writing Center in person. For those who cannot, the Writing Center offers online writing assistance through:
- Video calls/chat on Skype or Google Hangouts
- Regular telephone calls
- Instant messenger (Gchat)
These services are for students who are unable to visit the Claremore campus during regular hours, as well as Bartlesville and Pryor students.
To use email:
- Schedule your email appointment on Setmore
- Send [email protected]:
- A copy of your paper
- A copy of your assignment sheet
- Any specific questions or concerns you have
- Please send your documents at least a half hour before your appointment time.
- The consultant will review your paper and attach comments and suggestions and email it back to you at the end of the scheduled appointment.
We will ask
- your name
- Skype name/number
- instructor’s name
- course name
- details of the paper
- due date
After we agree on an appointment time, we will ask you to email a copy of the paper draft and assignment sheet to [email protected]. For security reasons, you will need to email us from your RSU student email account.
To use Skype:
- and review any additional information you may need.
- You need a webcam, speakers, and a microphone.
- Our Skype name is RSU.Writing.Center
Note that while we will not schedule appointments or sessions on the date the assignment is due, we will answer a few (1-3) quick, specific writing questions through RSU student email or over the phone if we have time. Please plan ahead and manage your time wisely by scheduling an appointment for online writing help several days before the due date.