The Writing Center provides support for faculty and students across the disciplines based on the needs of each individual student, faculty member, department, or school. Please encourage your on-ground and online students to request assistance with ANY college-level writing project in ANY discipline, including those in the Business Administration or STEM fields.
2020欧洲杯预选赛排名We can help on-ground and online students with organization, clarity, grammar and mechanics, all citation styles, integration/synthesis of evidence, recurrent ESL (English as a Second Language) issues, and more. Our specialized tutoring practices help students meet discipline-determined writing conventions, as specified by your course assignments, course texts, and preferred reference/style guides.
We Support Your Teaching Methods:
- Share links from our list of trustworthy free writing handouts with your students (instead of printing the handouts)
- Arrange a Writing Center orientation for your class or bespoke writing workshop
- Request assistance with your own scholarly or professional writing
- Share a brief summary of each appointment when your students visit the Writing Center.
- Request to discuss assessing student writing in your field (see Handouts for Course Design here as a start)
- Send request, questions, comments, or concerns about the Writing Center to [email protected].
Boilerplate Text about the Writing Center for Your Syllabi
The RSU English and Humanities’ Writing Center is in Baird Hall, Room 206 with one satellite tutoring location on the Bartlesville campus (room 725). There, students may access free writing help with any college-level paper at any point in time while they are students at RSU. The Writing Consultants are friendly and professional and can help students with any writing issue. Writing help is available over the phone or online for students who are working full-time or who have transportation issues. Call 918-343-7838 or email [email protected] for more information.
2020欧洲杯预选赛排名Contact Dr. McGovern for more information with the following:
- any questions, comments, or concerns about the Writing Center
- requests to arrange a Writing Center orientation or bespoke writing workshop for your class
- a request to discuss assessing student writing in your field
- requests for assistance with your own scholarly or professional writing
2020欧洲杯预选赛排名A is available for faculty members to show in class or to share with students online. The video is geared toward an audience of students and provides the Writing Center’s location and contact information, describes resources offered by the Center, and explains how writing consultations work.
2020欧洲杯预选赛排名Please do not require all students to use the Writing Center’s services for a certain written assignment or for every written assignment. This practice floods the Writing Center with students who are not actually looking for help but only seeking to meet a requirement for points.
The Writing Center can help willing students improve their writing skills, as well as their basic study skills. Awarding bonus points for visiting the Writing Center is also discouraged.
Note that we do not assist students on the day the assignment is due, though we will answer a few brief, specific questions if we have time. We do not discuss grades or grading with students.