“Biology students really enjoy the small class sizes we offer because it gives them better interaction and instruction than at larger schools. Our faculty members truly care about student success, and our graduates leave ready to take on the world.”
More About Dr. Bowen
About the Department
The Department of Biology at Rogers State University offers two emphases: Medical/Molecular and Environmental Conservation. These options examine traditional disciplines of botany, zoology and genetics as well as newer areas of study such as molecular biology, conservation and ecology.
2020欧洲杯预选赛排名Students apply classroom lessons to work in the laboratory and field. A biology degree prepares students to compete in post-graduation professional programs and pursue careers in related fields.
Biology students graduate with the skills, knowledge and experience they need to achieve their personal and professional goals. With small class sizes and helpful, experienced faculty, students leave RSU ready to attend graduate school or start their careers.
The Medical/Molecular option is a proven preparatory track for students working toward careers in professional health fields, with graduates placed in graduate medical programs across the region.
Students who study Environmental Conservation graduate prepared to make a difference in the environment. The curriculum emphasizes statistics and ecological toxicology while addressing contemporary conservation issues such as ecosystem management, landscape ecology, and regional and global threats to biodiversity.
2020欧洲杯预选赛排名Both degrees are augmented with individual research leading to presentation of scientific papers and internships for successful post graduate and professional careers.
- Former students in the Medical/Molecular option have been placed into graduate programs in chiropractic, medical, physical therapy, optometry and veterinary schools.
- Former students in the Environmental Conservation option have been placed in graduate programs in Environmental Science and Natural History, as well as holding careers in Fish and Wildlife, ODWC, the Corps of Engineers, GRDA and private industry.
- Upon graduation, students are prepared to take required entrance exams such as the GRE, MCAT, DAT and PCAT.
- Environmental Conservation students study nature hands-on in the 120-acre Education Conservation Reserve on RSU’s Claremore campus.
- The George Kaiser Family Foundation (GKFF) will provide scholarships for RSU students who plan to gain admission to the University of Oklahoma’s School of Community Medicine in Tulsa and pursue careers in treating patients from parts of the state underserved by the present health care system.